Thursday, March 10, 2011

If I Could Fly

Photo by C. Burgess at Brookings Harbor, Oregon
December, 2009

If I could fly
Like a seagull flies
Dipping and swooping
Playing with the wind

Surfing
On a wave of air
With total abandon
Never a care

Perched atop a rock at sea
I would plan my strategy

Which way to go
To get the best lift
Make the wind carry me to the sky
Then swoop to the ground
Like falling off a cliff

Gliding with precision
So close to the ground
Like an airplane
Coming in for a landing

A roller coaster ride
On a windy day
It’s by far the best time to play

Going with the flow
I’d swing and I'd sway
Let the wind have its way
Like a kite with no strings

This must be
What it feels like
To be totally and utterly free!

07/05/10
Copyright © 2010 by Charlene Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment